Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Believe Your Bill Is Curved!

I went back through my pics from the South Mountain Park trip in Phoenix from last week and found a bird shots I didn't remember taking. I was so excited about the Gila Woodpecker that I overlooked these shots of the Curve-billed Thrasher. He was only around for just a minute for I got a few pics.


I have Brown Thrashers during the summer here in Arkansas but they have migrated for the winter. The Curve-billed thrasher doesn't migrate like the Brown Thrasher does. This is probably because they live in such a warm climate, no need! They also have a very distinctive orange-yellow eye.


Stay tuned for my next few posts. I was able to go to the Grand Canyon and do some sight seeing on Friday. The snowy view was outstanding and I also got some shots of a few birds that I added to my life list!


3 comments:

Larry said...

That's great...I always liked Brown Thrashers, which we have a few of in CT. Seeing a Curved-billed Thrasher must have been a big thrill for you! I would love to see a Gila Woodpecker as well - nice photos!

J. Karl Clampit said...

I was definitley excited about the whole trip. It was nice to see a different group of birds compared to what I'm used to!

Matt said...

looks like you had fun!

 

Spring Countdown Timer

Blogging Since June 2007

Nature Blog Network

Search This Blog

Birding Top 500 Counter

My Backyard Regulars

My Backyard Regulars







Add to Technorati Favorites

About Me

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join

Live Traffic Feed