Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

These days here in Arkansas have been some of the hottest on record! We reached 104 degrees several days last week. The bird activity has pretty much come to a stand still in my backyard.

I caught this squirrel getting a drink out of the fountain yesterday. The fountain is having trouble keeping up with the hot weather too. I refill it sometimes twice a day!

It's only supposed to reach 99 degress today. What a cold front!
There are still a few regulars that don't seem to be too effected by the weather. My little Downy friend is still very active. I caught this picture of him this morning on his breakfast run!

On a personal note, I read a great blog post this morning over at Journey Through Grace about a gentleman with Lou Gehrig's Disease. Take time to read the post and be sure to give thanks to the Lord for all he has blessed you with.

No comments:

 

Spring Countdown Timer

Blogging Since June 2007

Nature Blog Network

Search This Blog

Birding Top 500 Counter

My Backyard Regulars

My Backyard Regulars







Add to Technorati Favorites

About Me

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join

Live Traffic Feed