Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tagged Again!

I got tagged again in the rapidly spreading '8 Random Facts' meme that is making the rounds. Anders and Claudia from Dagens fågel - Bird of the day from Stockholm, Sweden have a great birding blog. It is very neat to pics of birds from Europe.

In the spirit of the game, I thought I would come up with a few more random facts about me. Here goes!

1. When I was in high school, I got an award for being a "Top Teen" in Arkansas. I got to be on a TV show on one of the stations in Little Rock and received the award. My 15 minutes of fame!

2. I met the then future President, Bill Clinton, and Hillary when I was a high school senior. I graduated 3rd in my class and was asked to go to the State Capital along with many other seniors to meet him.

3. One of his platforms that year was improving the Arkansas school system. He asked me where I was attending college just about the time a hush came over the room. I told him I was attending Louisiana Tech University to be a Chemical Engineer. Needless to say, the room burst out with laughter.

4. This was actually the second time I met him. He came to a football game at the University of Monticello in Monticello, AR when he was first elected Governor of Arkansas. I was about 8 and got his autograph on a football program. I lost the program.

5. I didn't vote for him either time when he was elected President. What can I say, I'm a Republican!

6. Since this is a birding blog, I need to put something in about birding! I'm up to 31 birds on my life list, with the Belted Kingfisher and the White-Breasted Nuthatch being the latest. I almost got to add a Gold Finch but just missed seeing it.

Be sure to check out Anders and Claudia site, Dagens fågel - Bird of the day. It is very interesting seeing the pictures of the birds from Sweden. I recognize many birds but know them by a different name here in the states. You know me, I love the pictures of the Great Spotted Woodpecker! Check out the picture of the squirrel, funny looking ears, huh?

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Memes are good-they help you get to know things about people that even if you met them you might not ever know.

I love your site-I learn something new from it almost everyday!

J. Karl Clampit said...

You're right, I might not have ever shared any of these things without this little game encouraging me to do so. Some of my closest friends might find some of these facts about me surprising.

Thanks for the nice comments about my blog!

 

Spring Countdown Timer

Blogging Since June 2007

Nature Blog Network

Search This Blog

Birding Top 500 Counter

My Backyard Regulars

My Backyard Regulars







Add to Technorati Favorites

About Me

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join

Live Traffic Feed